Carmelo Resort & Spa
Carmelo | South America
- This is truly a resort for all the family. Parents will love the local wines, fine dining, tennis, golf and spa, while kids can enjoy biking, boat trips, horse riding, fishing or playing on the beach, as well as a daily schedule of activities on offer at the complimentary Kids Club (such as cooking classes and arts and crafts).
- There are no standard rooms here. Even the lowest category accommodations are very spacious with a private living area.
- The variety and quality of the dining options are a real highlight. You can dine at a different location each day giving you an authentic taste for the local Uruguayan hospitality but with the convenience of a resort infrastructure.
- The nearest commercial airports to the resort are Montevideo and Buenos Aires which are both around 3 hours’ drive. Otherwise access is via a ferry from Buenos Aires to Colonia which is then an hour’s drive from the resort. For this reason, we often recommend transfers by private helicopter of light aircraft to cut down on the travel time.
- During the week the resort can feel quiet, so if you prefer more atmosphere come at the weekends when there are more locals staying and more restaurants are open.
- The hotel has a private stretch of sandy beach on the River Plate which is incredibly scenic. It is a river beach though and the water is a brackish brown colour, so most guests prefer to swim in the outdoor pool.