Millahue valley | South America
- While this is a wine lover’s paradise it is also the perfect location for any visitor to Chile looking for an indulgent few days in the countryside, enjoying fine food, beautiful views and outdoor excursions.
- Visit in the months of March and April for a chance to participate in the grape harvest. Picking your own grapes by moonlight and then accompanying the full process from vine to pressing to fermentation is a very special experience.
- The four master suites are located on the corners of the building and have the best views – even from the bathtub!
- Great for older children with plenty of activities at the hotel (swimming pool, pool table, table tennis, video games, DVDs) and also out and about e.g. mountain biking and horse riding.
- Only two hours’ drive south of Santiago it makes the perfect destination to round out a trip to Chile before flying home.
- Although the famous Colchagua valley is very close as the crow flies, due to the topography of the region it’s actually an hour’s drive away. So, if you want to explore some of the Central Valley’s other famous wineries, it is easier to do this as part of an extra tour en route to the hotel, rather than take day trips once you are here. That said, Vik itself makes some of the best wines in Chile so there’s really no need to leave the estate!
- The hotel is closed to guests during the month of June
- Each of the suites is individually decorated by a different artist. This is one of the hotel’s defining design characteristics, but it does also mean that you might want to choose a specific room depending on your taste, as some are quirkier than others!