Rio de Janeiro | South America
- Great options for family accommodation with several combinations of connecting rooms
- Two outdoor swimming pools on different sides of the building mean you can catch the sun at any time of day
- It’s a close tie with the Fasano rooftop, but for our money the view of the sweeping Copacabana beach with Sugar Loaf in the background that you can enjoy from the bar and restaurant here is the best in Rio.
- On Saturdays, the Fairmont prepares Rio’s most famous traditional feijoada lunch
- Rio’s largest and best equipped hotel gym – one of our favorite spaces in the hotel!
- This is one of Rio’s bigger hotels with nearly 400 rooms. Even so the excellent staff maintain a very personal approach to service and the atmosphere is very much friendly and relaxed rather than corporate.
- The hotel has some of Rio’s largest event spaces so is often also used for weddings and conferences. The architecture is well designed though to keep leisure guests separate.
- While the sea view rooms have some of the best views in Rio (as do some of the lateral rooms), the rooms on the back look over a built up area of Copacabana.