Belmond Cataratas | South America
- The only hotel within the Brazilian national park boundaries means exclusive early morning and evening access to the falls.
- We love the sunset views of the falls from the terrace at the Itaipu restaurant.
- You are truly surrounded by nature here with a large abundance of bright coloured tropical birds easily spotted in the hotel gardens and terraces.
- Beautiful pool and gardens makes the hotel as much of a destination in its own right as the neighbouring falls.
- Despite its proximity to the falls, only nineteen of the hotel’s rooms have direct views. Nonetheless all of the rooms in the property have beautiful views over the gardens and surrounding forest, and several have partial views of the falls as well. All guests can enjoy the views from the hotel terrace and panoramic tower.
- Being located inside the national park means that private cars or taxis are not able to drive all the way to the hotel. Transfers need to be with specially accredited vehicles.
- The nearby town is around a 30-minute taxi ride, so most guests choose to eat at the hotel during their stay. The options are excellent though and with an average stay of two to three nights, you won’t run out of choices.