Explora – Rapa Nui
Easter Island | South America
- The only luxury hotel located outside of Hangaroa town, you feel much closer to nature here and away from other tourists.
- The lodge is truly all inclusive including alcoholic drinks, coffees, soft drinks etc. you don’t need to worry about spending any extra on the island once you arrive. The only supplemental charges are for massages, some premium alcohols and scuba diving.
- Lunches and dinners are a real highlight with a succinct but daily changing a la carte menu that prioritizes fresh local ingredients and always has great vegetarian options too.
- Visit in early February to experience the unique Tapati festival that celebrates the ancestral traditions of the Rapanui people with a series of sports competitions and cultural events.
- Stunning views from the main building
- There is no WiFi nor mobile phone signal in any of the rooms. This is the perfect excuse to switch off though and the WiFi in the public areas is some of the fastest on the island, so you can still catch up with your e-mails if you need to.
- This is the most expensive hotel on the island by a long way, however the all-inclusive model does mean you get good value for money.
- There is a three-night minimum stay year-round and a four-night minimum between December 22nd and January 5th.
- While there is a very extensive list of expeditions on offer, the guides do stick strictly to the list so it doesn’t work so for guests who like a more improvised approach to activities.
- The overall architecture and public spaces are stunning, but in keeping with the Explora group aesthetic, the rooms can come over as a little sparse – prioritizing stone and natural woods over superfluous design. The beds and seating areas are very comfortable though.