Tambopata Research Centre
Peruvian Amazon | South America
- The only lodge within the Tambopata National Reserve and one of the best Amazonian nature experiences in South America, with high chances of seeing many iconic Amazonian birds and mammals
- This lodge is a leader in conservation and has been working with a macaw conservation project since 1989. Scientists and researchers are based at the lodge year-round so you will have the opportunity to meet them and discuss this important work
- Despite the remote location and rustic feel of the lodge the 85m2 Deluxe Suites are supremely comfortable and feature their own private outdoor living area as well as an outdoor bathtub.
- This is a true back to nature experience; you are surrounded by rainforest and all of the rooms have one open wall – a traditional design that keeps the rooms cool. There are excellent mosquito nets on the beds and the rooms are on stilts, but expecting to find the odd insect or other wildlife in your room is part of the experience
- There is only electricity in the common areas three times per day: (6:00-08:00; 12:00-14:00; 17:00-22:00) Although the two higher category rooms have electricity all day
- The transfer involves a three hour journey by speedboat, although of course the scenery is beautiful and you will often see a lot of wildlife on route